Sunday, July 11, 2010

Kidlee Micro Blog


I'm nuts about Kidlee (http://www.kidlee.com/).  Since Grant was born, I've been great about taking digital pictures and saving milestone items. However, I am not a scrap booker or someone who keeps a journal. I also don't like the idea of my son's life being shared on Facebook, which tends to change its security functions too often for my taste. I didn't want an open blog for the security reasons, as well, but I didn't want to force family and friends to log into a secure blog.  We tried that when Grant was born and found no one ever logged in after the initial join.

Finally, I found Kidlee. It's the perfect solution. Parents are the only account holders.  They log into their account and record micro blog snippets of their child(ren's) lives, as often as they like.  For less than $20 a year, parents can also add photos and longer posts to their micro-blog.  The account set-up allows e-mail addresses of individuals you would like to invite to view your Kidlee updates to be entered. These individuals receive an invitation to receive weekly e-mail updates from your Kidlee account.  Family and friends then get to decide whether to accept the invitation or not.

I like that the site is still in Beta and improvements are still being made. I've sent many suggestions to the technical team and I always get a personalized response back.  They provide information about whether they are currently working on my suggestion and if so, an approximation of when the update will be available.  It's one of the most responsive sites I've ever used.

The feedback I've gotten from family and friends has been phenomenal.  This tool helps Grandparents, family and friends that are far away feel as if they are participating in the growing years of the child.  My parental guilt is abated, because I feel as if I am fulfilling my parental responsibility to record some of his precious moments, even though I don't scrapbook or journal. I cannot say enough about this site!

No comments:

Post a Comment