Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bubbles

I'm lazy when it comes to making bubbles. I want to push a button and have lots and lots of bubbles for Grant to giggle over and chase.  We've owned a couple of these animal bubble makers with mixed results. Our first one was a puppy, that worked splendidly. It made lots of bubbles and all I had to do was grasp a handle.  However, our new hippo has only made a couple of bubbles. I am not using the bubble liquid that came with the hippo and think this may be the problem.  Note: I only got rid of the puppy because we moved cross country and I didn't want it leaking in a box, while all our belongings were in storage. It had not stopped working.

New note: Over the weekend, I found the manufacturer approved bottle of bubbles.  The hippo was half full of the old bubbles. Rather than dumping them out, I just topped it off with the "right" bottle.  It took a few minutes of priming the pump, but sure enough, the manufacturers bubbles work like a charm. We had bubbles everywhere and Grant was excited chasing them around the patio.  So, if you are going to buy this toy, skip the cheap bubbles and keep this hippo fed with the manufacturer recommended bubbles!


No comments:

Post a Comment