Sunday, October 24, 2010

Learning Sight Words

Grant's pretty particular about what DVDs he will watch, so I tend to check them out from the library or rent them on Netflix first, before buying.  However, I couldn't find "Meet the Sight Words" DVDs at either place. So, I took a big risk and bought the set without a trial run.

Fortunately, Grant loves these DVDs. The added bonus is that I never had to teach him how to read a single sight word. He just picked them up naturally from watching these DVDs repeatedly.

A similar product that I tried out about six months ago, but Grant refused to watch at the time, was Word World. I personally thought the concept was a great one and really enjoyed the videos. I think now that he is a little older and reading, he may be more interested in the Word World videos and will definitely give them another try!

No comments:

Post a Comment